Individual or Group Therapy
Sometimes our emotions, thoughts, and behaviors become so overwhelming, uncovering a way to deal with them independently is tough. Finding a trusted individual to help you sort through the challenges life presents can help.
My areas of specialty are:
Binge Eating Disorder
Body Image Issues
Now, let me give you a heads up -- Finding your therapist is like buying a new pair of shoes. After searching, you may have found what seems to be the perfect pair. However, once you try them on, they might rub you the wrong way. BUT does that mean you never try another pair of shoes?? Absolutely not.
I provide free consultation so that we can determine if we’re a good fit. The likelihood is high if you are experiencing any of these symptoms:
- Hating your reflection in the mirror.
- Not engaging in social activities because you are ashamed of how you look.
- Feeling as if losing weight will be the answer to your problems.
- Constantly picking apart your body.
- Experiencing guilt or shame when you cheat on your “diet” or don’t exercise enough.
- Practicing very rigid eating habits for a while and then overeating, causing you to “start over” on Sunday.
- Feeling sad, no longer wanting to do things you enjoy, or crying for what seems like no reason at all.
Therapy is a service provided by a licensed individual and has to be deemed medically necessary, which includes a mental health diagnosis, in order to be covered by insurance. I conduct both individual and group therapy and I am currently in-network with
BCBS Humana CareSource Amerigroup PeachState
If you do not have one of the above providers or prefer not to use your insurance, I accept direct pay as well.